Norton ADAEZ Pro
The Norton 5800 Series ADAEZ PRO is a compact electromechanical door operator that is simple to install and use. This heavy-duty, low energy operator is intended for high traffic manual opening applications that occasionally require automatic operation like retail outlets, banks, schools or universities.
A Regenerative Power System charges an onboard battery pack that eliminates the need to run electrical wire to the unit. When used in automatic mode 25% of the time or less, the 5800 Series ADAEZ PRO will self-generate enough power to charge the battery pack for up to 12 years. Available for push or pull side mounting, this robust, non-handed operator ships standard with two wireless RF push buttons.
- Provide low energy automatic door operator complying with requirements of ANSI A156.19.
- Provide an operator with adjustable opening and closing forces that meet the provisions of ANSI 117.1 and the Americans with Disabilities Act.
- Provide an operator with a regenerative drive system which charges the on-board battery pack when operator is opened manually and which requires no external electrical power.
- Provide an operator which, upon installation, will determine door size and weight and automatically tune controller to operate within ANSI 156.19 and 117.1 standards. Operator shall also have the following adjustable functions:
- Opening/Closing Speed.
- Hold-open Time.
- Close Check.
- Opening/Closing Force.
- Provide operator with on-board diagnostics which will continually maintain control of door speed in wind or abusive environment condition.
- Provide operator which, when operated manually, utilizes a clutch mechanism that disengages the motor gearbox assembly upon opening, then re-engages during the closing cycle to control spring force for even and smooth operation throughout the entire opening and closing cycle.
- Provide operator that will continue closing door within ANSI A156.19 and 117.1 requirements without any external power supplied. Upon meeting an obstruction during the opening cycle the door shall remain under power for two seconds and then close under spring force; if the door meets and obstruction will closing, the door will maintain a closing force of 8 lbs or less.
- Provide operator capable of operating doors up to 48” wide, weighing up to 250 lbs, and successfully tested for 1,000,000, automatic cycles.
- Provide operator that will operate in climates with temperatures above -40° F and has a two year warranty.
- Provide operator with two stainless steel, 1-3/4” x 4-3/4” wireless, jamb mounted, push button transmitters with required signage. Locate push buttons as directed by architect and within ANSI A156.19 and 117.1 guidelines.
- Provide operator which utilizes a triangular hardened steel output shaft to connect door arm with a two piece tapered coupling for superior slip resistance.
- Provide operator and push button transmitter with circuit boards that have been specially coated to resist moisture and humidity making the electronics weather resistant.
- Provide operator with integral heavy duty cast aluminum shock absorbing arm, which when fully extended is in full tension eliminating the need for an auxiliary door stop.
- Provide operator with three architecturally finished dress covers and black powder coated frame, arms and mounting brackets.
- Black (BHMA 693T)
- Aluminum (BHMA 689)
- Regenerative power system – no electrical power required
- 95 degree opening
- Push or pull side mounting
- RF Radio Frequency stainless steel push buttons
- Integral RF receiver
- Dynamic braking module
- Electronic backcheck brake
- Shock absorbing arm
- Black cover (standard); aluminum cover (optional)
- Brushless DC motor/gearbox – 10 million activation cycle life
- 24 VDC input port
- Auxiliary activation input port
- Battery charge indicator
- Integral ON / OFF selector switch
- Maximum door width – 48″
- Maximum door weight – 250 lbs